Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Back home in the shire



Last weekend I headed back to the shire, to revisit my childhood town Chipping Norton in the heart of the Cotswolds. It was great to catch up with old friends in the classic country pub where we had been so many times before sampling the country ales next to a lovely warm log fire!



We had a couple of fantastic walks through the countryside near my friend's house and it was great to taste the crisp country air, so much so that I think I had too much. It might have been the night out in Oxford but I also don't think that I am used to so much fresh air!!



At my friend's Nick's house we dug up a Christmas tree each from his parent's garden for our flats! This was the real McCoy, not a fake plastic tree and it began to feel like Christmas all of a sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home